Thursday, January 27, 2011

     I guess we are boring bloggers, seeing as how we only have one post. Now we have two! I have all these pictures that I kept saying that I was going to "blog" about but haven't. So I'll start with Halloween, Dane and I carved some very nice pumpkins. We also went to our friends the Longmores home for a lot of snacks and watched The Nightmare Before Christmas. We had a great time!
      Thanksgiving came, and went way too quickly. We spend the holiday in Vernal with Danes wonderful family. We had a great time with lots of yummy food. Joanne, Rachel and I were able to experience the wonderful world of Wal-Mart on black friday. After fighting our way through the isles, we ended the trip with nothing. The lines were way too long to wait in! We had a great time though!
      Christmas was over way to quickly as well. We spent it with my family. We had traditional clement christmas eve, Pizza, Papa's Grab Bag, and the christmas story. Christmas day we opened presents, had homemade waffles, were lazy, and ended it with a yummy dinner that mom made. Dane also introduced me to The Forgotten Carols. Reading this book was a tradition that his family used to do. We decided that we would continue this tradition within our own family. 
     We Have been married for one year! It's crazy how fast time goes by, and we are still happy and in love with one another. Knowing that I get to be with my best friend forever is one of the greatest feelings. I am so grateful for my loving husband, who is way too good to me! Since we threw away the top of our cake two months after being married (It was taking up too much room in the freezer), I decided to make another "top of a cake" (plus it was a great excuse to use all my new decorating tips I got for christmas!). We also went to Red Lobster. It was wonderful, even though it made me sick later. Oh and did I mention... IT SNOWED!! A LOT! just like the day we got married!
     New Years was fun, and low key. We went to dinner with the family. We then spent the rest of the night at my parents. Blake and Hailey, and Carly came over. We worked on the traditional puzzle, got in the hot tub, then entered the new year in with apples to apples and a little sparkling cider. It was a fun night!
     We were able to go down to Arizona a week or two ago. Dane wanted to check out Thunderbird (this is the grad school he would like to go to), and maybe a few job opportunities. We spent our few days with Uncle Rob and Aunt LeNea. They were wonderful hosts! We are so grateful to them! We are just sorry that they all got the flu right as we arrived. We were able to see little Mya, which I was so excited about. We also got to have a sleep over with Taylor, who is such a fun little person to be around. We also got to see Jamie and Parker at Desert Ridge for lunch. With everyones energy, we had a great time! We spent a day with Danes friend Cody and his wife Caitlin. We took a tour around their neighborhood, looking at vacant houses (Just in case). We went to the mall, and went to Ruth's Chris for a WONDERFUL dinner. we had such a great time, we didn't want to come home to the cold (did i mention it was 80 degrees! IN JANUARY). But we braced it and drove the long ten hours home. 























     Thats about all I have to write right now. So now you are all caught up on the lives of the Ehler family! Oh! One more thing! I have painted some really cute valentine toe nails and want to share the pictures! :) Thats all.

3 comments:

  1. YEA! Welcome to the blogging world! I LOVE IT! We had a great time visiting with you guys...we would love to have you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard to keep up with blogging. I love the picture of your tree--very professional! :) Glad to hear you two are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for a blog! and umm your wedding cake top that u re-made is sweet!! holy cow impressive.

    ReplyDelete